Associate, Coach and Facilitator
Cell: 403 200 5319
I coach evolving and expanding leaders. I coach leaders who are ready to courageously acknowledge and honour their presence, their impact and responsibility as leaders AND live a life that is meaningful and fulfilling to them. My clients are self-aware, they live fulfilled and meaningful lives true to who they are at their very core, and they motivate and elevate those they lead and work with.
Clients describe me as warm, authentic, intuitive, daring and bold. They also appreciate my sense of humour and ability to laugh at myself. I create a safe and courageous space for clients to evolve and expand as leaders – an environment of trust that calls forth both vulnerability and courage.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
My clients are aware of who they are as leaders, and understand that their leadership style may look different from those they lead and work with. They are confident in their leadership and ability, they are mindful, and continue to grow and expand as leaders in service of themselves and those they lead and work with.
I long for my clients to love and honour who they really are – not who they or others think they should be. As a “recovering” engineer who knows firsthand what it means to stop living a life you think you should, I love that moment when my clients choose to break the mold, and live true to who they are – not who they or others think they should be as an engineer, a techie, a scientist, a manager, a leader, a ___ professional – when they kick their limiting beliefs to the curb and live a fulfilled life true for them. It is in these moments that I witness my clients expand and grow as leaders.
I hold a Master of Science in Engineering, am a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CTI), and an Associate Certified Coach (ICF). I have worked in private, public and not-for-profit sectors. I am a proud mama of two precious little toddlers, and am an adoring wife to an amazing man with whom I found out what it means to love truly, madly and deeply. I am a “recovering ” engineer, who after almost six years in the field came to realize that I was doing it because I could – I was very capable and skilled in the field but it was not my calling. I chose to break through limiting beliefs and step courageously into a career as a Leadership Coach. I live and love with my whole heart, and know that in honouring who I am at my core, the better able I am to honour everyone in my life – family, friends, colleagues, clients and all who I cross paths with.
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. I believe in truly, madly, deeply
2. My family nourishes my heart and soul
3. I love the colours teal, orange and purple
4. I lived in Finland for almost four years
5. I met my Argentine husband while studying and working in Finland
6. I completed my Master of Science degree in engineering at the Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland
7. I speak English, Spanish and some Finnish
8. I sang at a local pub in Finland on Monday nights with my now husband on guitar
9. I believe in the power of one person
10. I believe in the power of laughter, love and hugs
11. My favourite animated movie is Despicable Me
12. When it comes to wine – red over white
13. I still watch old episodes of Seinfeld, Friends and Arrested Development – they crack me up!
14. I love learning about history and culture through story
15. I have worked in private, public and not-for-profit sectors
16. I am a dog person
17. I am a Riders fan – born and raised in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, now living in Calgary, Alberta – where there is a 50/50 split of Rider and Stamps fans
18. I love being by the water
19. I am a lake girl
20. My favourite yoga pose is tree posture – Vriksasana
21. My favourite things to do on the weekend is go for a long walk by the river (followed by a latte) or hike a mountain with my family and have a picnic at the top
Amanda also loves life-coaching and has her own life coaching business: Soul Tree Coaching
• Leadership Coach
• First Time Leaders
• Middle Managers
• Leaders in Transition
• Communication & Conflict
• Engineering and Technology Professionals