Associate, Coach and Facilitator
“Maja helped me overcome self-imposed limitations and negative self-talk so I could achieve my long-time dream of becoming a real estate professional. She taught me positive and self-affirming visualization techniques that I use to this day when dealing with challenging situations in both my personal and professional life. Having her give me tools I can use forever, confirmed for me that she is trusted to care for my progress; not just as a client but as an individual who can and will exceed my own expectations!”
~ Darci Sellers
I have been a leader in organizations for over 20 years. Today I coach other leaders who are prepared to leave behind ways of being that are no longer serving; to embrace their personal greatness.
Perhaps you’re just starting out, still trying to determine your early steps. Or you have years of experience behind you and yet you continue to seek growth, learning and expansion. Wherever you are, you’re prepared to lean in and bring your very best to those you lead and work with. You’re dedicated, focused and driven, but sometimes you’re not sure if you’re going the right direction. Things haven’t always turned out the way you hoped, impacting your confidence and clarity.
Leaders who work with me get unstuck from current patterns, and are surprised and delighted by the stories, metaphors, visualizations and imagery we explore together. You’ll take action in a new way because I help you finally pay attention!
Clients describe me as thoughtful, perceptive and authentic; not afraid to say what needs to be said. They appreciate my ability to ask the right question at the right time. Clients know my goal is to create a safe and trusting environment that supports them to be both courageous and vulnerable as they envision and move towards being their very best selves.
As a leader who aspires to live a simple and joy-filled life, I’m passionate about supporting my clients to achieve the same. While I know our organizations and personal lives can create chaos and overwhelm, together you and I will create clarity, and alleviate the suffering caused by too much stuff, pressure and commitments. When you work with me, you’ll work smarter, not harder, and create the space to honour your whole self – not just the part of you that comes to work every day.
I came to coaching in a round-about way. I am a Registered Dietitian, have a Master’s degree in Organizational Leadership and I’m a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (accredited as an ACC through the International Coaches Federation). This makes me technically qualified to be your coach. But it is my many years of experience working in large organizations and in the non-profit sector, leading teams, creating innovative programs, and making an impact that really makes me relevant. You can be confident that I’ll genuinely “get” what is happening for you in your work environment.
It is because of my work experience that I’ve anchored my coaching in the concept of Emotional Intelligence. The difference between an emotionally intelligent leader and the rest is profound. If you’ve heard this is your gap, I’m the coach for you!
You are meant to thrive – in fact your world is counting on it! The time is now…to do the deeper work, to get clear on what is really important, to simplify the things around you and make the difference you are meant to make!
Don’t wait. Connect today. Imagine the possibilities.
- loves to scuba dive and has seen seahorses, dolphins, sharks and manta rays
- believes in the importance of family and cherishes time with her daughters – two amazingly unique individuals
- has played Ultimate Frisbee for years and found her true love doing so
- lived, studied and worked in Sweden for a couple of years
- is passionate about travel; first trip abroad at age 2, then backpacking through 21 countries on 3 continents
- loves to watercolour paint
- enjoys watching her garden produce…though she is often surprised by what happens!
- loves making jam and giving it away
- is passionate about promoting good health and healthy eating, which means to her, eating food as close to the grower as possible and processing as little as possible
- loves dark chocolate and anything made with dark chocolate J
- believes in the healing power of homemade soup – any kind
- had a Social Determinants of Health focus in her Master’s Thesis
- follows the philosophy of “leading from behind”
- reads voraciously!
- has an fantastically supportive husband
- grew up on a Christmas Tree Farm
- loves to do complicated puzzles and digital scrapbooking
- had a life changing experience on a tiny fishing boat on Inle Lake in Myanmar (Burma)
- loves to laugh and spend time with good friends
- believes in sustainability through local food supplies, energy efficient choices and supporting local economies
- was a Certified Diabetes Educator for 10 years, supporting children and adults to successfully manage their chronic condition(s)
Maja also loves life-coaching and has her own life coaching business: Maja T. Karlsson
- Leadership, Transitions, Change
- Leadership Development
- Team Building