Associate, Executive Coach
“The ability to be deeply known and appreciated is a powerful experience … you created that and, in the process, helped me to transcend some of the barriers I’d created for myself in fact you may have changed our company as well. I will miss our times together and feel changed as a result of them.”
I am a dynamic listener and use this advanced sense to facilitate progress for my clients by assimilating information across multiple conversations and reflecting those observations to create a higher level “big picture” awareness of the current situation and potential paths forward.
My clients are often new “leaders of leaders” or executives looking for the next level in their leadership. I love to help client’s explore their strengths and to zero in on the most authentic of these to power their leadership. In support of this work, we often spend some time looking at what behaviours can be let go of in order to unlock that next level in effectiveness. It is powerful for me when these things elicit a rewarding new way of approaching work and life for my client.
My true passion in life is connecting with others in authentic conversation. By being open and present in each connection, there is much to learn about oneself, one’s connections, community and humanity in general. I am truly happiest when I’m facilitating discovery and progress for others, and synthesizing knowledge and ideas into new concepts that support growth for people and organizations. These are things I learned about myself in my own coaching journey and having unleashed my authentic self, I want to use my passion to support others who are on, or want to start, a similar journey.
I have been a leader for the bulk of my career before becoming a coach, up to and including the “top table”. I have a B. Mathematics degree from the University of Waterloo, am a former Chartered Professional Accountant, a graduate of the Hudson Institute of Coaching in Santa Barbara, California and certified by the International Coach Federation. I am also a student of and contributor to the topic of authentic leadership.
- I am relational by nature
- I am motivated by deep connections with others
- I am a lover of beauty in whatever form it appears (nature, architecture, art, music, people)
- I am a “wannabe” latte artist and a coffee afficionado
- Photography is a compulsion for me
- If I’m relaxing you’ll often find me in the kitchen cooking
- My latest pursuit is crafting a perfect loaf of sourdough
- I am entranced by the feel of hitting a perfect golf shot (far less frequently than I’d like!)
- I live blissfully in the Comox Valley on Vancouver Island
- My wife Kendra is my best friend.
- Travel has been a big part of my life with visits to 33 countries.
- If I had to pick only one country to visit it would be France.
- I refer to my life status as “in my first retirement”.
- I have two adult children and one precious granddaughter.
- I love to sing. It centers and enriches me.
- My winter sport is curling, although skiing could make a comeback!
- Three of my favourite books are Conscious Business by Fred Koffman, Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown and The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
- I feel invigorated by physical labour (and other forms of exercise)
- I’m at my best when I meditate and center regularly
- I love to write
- When in doubt … trust the universe!
- Learning in Action Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- Interview-based 360 Review
- Conscious Business Coaching
- Coaching for Life Transitions
- Navigating Uncertainty