Bruce has been a master coach to my organization and me personally. He has coached and inspired me and the people in my organization to be the best that they can be.
Barbara F., Chief HR Officer
I coach individuals and teams of senior executives and leaders to grow from good to great. My coaching is a powerful partnership where learning takes place, where growth personally and professionally occurs by unleashing the individual’s potential, and where transformation takes place as the individual reaches new heights by creating a positive future.
My clients deal with increasing demands, ever changing environments, ambiguity, and political influences which calls for strong leadership. My coaching holds leaders capable to navigate the course with a goal to move forward and succeed.
What others value in me is my calming presence and ability to listen and hear where they are at and not pass judgement on whatever the situation may be. With over thirty years Senior Executive experience as President and CEO, I utilized the coach approach to leadership and saw firsthand leaders step up to the plate and fulfill the roles of the positions they held title to. I am a Professional Certified Coach with an undergraduate degree in Commerce, a Graduate Diploma in Hospital Administration and Graduate Diploma in Executive Coaching. I have operated my own business providing coaching and leadership consulting services for the past five years.
I enjoy life and believe we should live each day as though it is our last day. My family and friends are important to me and I like spending quality time with my children and grandchildren. The outdoors is a draw for me to enjoy hiking, walking and cycling, taking time to breathe in the fresh air and meditate on the beauty around us. I am also an avid antique car buff and enjoy collecting and driving as a hobby.
My clients are partners and we work together to build a plan for their organizations to move forward. I provide coach training, leadership training and various self-awareness assessments as well as facilitate 360 reviews and debriefs.
As part of my practice I stand in for senior leaders who need to have a break. In doing so, I take the coach approach to leadership and while I am there continue to build capacity in the team I am leading. What I have learned from frontline staff is they want a leader who leads from the heart and who has a vision for where the business is going. This is where my coaching adds value as through my coaching leaders identify the path they need to take and how they are going to get there.
- Enjoys the outdoors, camping, cycling and hiking
- Enjoys washing antique cars with his grandchildren
- Is an avid antique car collector
- Has worked in all provinces except two and all territories except one
- Is passionate about seeing the impact of coaching in health care leadership
- Enjoys travel in Canada seeing the beauty in the landscape and the diverseness of this vast dominion
- Enjoys driving his 1986 Mercedes in the summers with the top down
- Enjoys music and when he can plays piano and mostly gospel music
- Likes to tour around Kingston Ontario historical buildings
- Likes to read books on leadership
- Is the youngest of ten children and enjoys getting together with his siblings once a year for a big family Christmas celebration
- Did part of his hospital training at the Kings Fund College in London England
- Enjoys walking the beaches of Florida taking in the smell of salt water and the warmth of the sun during the winter months
- Has a part of his heritage through inheriting an acreage in Ontario that was part of the Swan Family farm
- Showed Holstein cows at the Ottawa Winter Fair
- Was a member of the 4 H Clubs in Ontario and raised Holstein show cows and grew wheat
- Loves to dance to country music and in his earlier days competed in square dance competitions
- Taught Adult Bible Study and enjoys learning and understanding individual’s spirituality
- Is a private, confidential leader who embraces change for the right reasons
- Enjoys eating seafood especially at Flipper’s in Ottawa
- Likes to study new recipes and try cooking them
- Individual for personal growth
- Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- LEADS in a Caring Environment
- Legacy Leadership
- Coach Approach to Leadership utilizing the Excelerator Coaching Model and LEADS in a Caring Environment
- Coach Approach to Facilitation
- Team Coaching
- Coach Training utilizing the Excelerator Coaching System
- Building Coaching Cultures
- Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI) which raises relationship awareness for team building
- Coach Approach to Advocacy for Not for Profit Organizations