and what lies BEFORE us
are tiny matters compared to
what lies WITHIN us. Oliver Wendell Holmes
Executive Leadership Coaching and Team Development Solutions in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia, and Calgary, Alberta
Boost your capacity for perceptive leadership and building productive, life-giving environments with advantage management consulting.
We provide a complete range of leadership development and coaching programs in Kelowna, Vancouver, British Columbia as well as in Calgary, Alberta (and beyond), ideal to best equip your organization’s leaders and departmental structures.
Whether you seek improvement through one-on-one executive coaching or to create an active and well-integrated management through team coaching and development, we customize our learning systems to suit your company and your goals.
“Listening means suspending your own assumptions and beliefs in order
to facilitate better understanding of what is being said.”
advantage management consulting – Leadership Development and Coaching Services
Our extensive leadership development and coaching solutions in British Columbia and Alberta, CA include:
CoachingOne-on-one or Executive
- Confidential, in-depth, customised learning and is done mostly by phone.
- The format and duration of the coaching will vary depending on the purpose of the coaching. Three different formats, covering four different scenarios, are detailed below.
- An initial, 1.5 hour, intake session
- Monthly meetings; Coach and coachee meet for a minimum of 6 months; either:
- 2x 40min sessions per month
- 3x 40min or 2x60min sessions per month
- There may or may not be sponsor involvement; this aspect will be designed and agreed on at the start of the coaching.
Team Coaching works well when
- has 4-8 individuals
- is new or a seconded team coming together for a specific purpose or project
Examples of where group learning needs can be found are when teams:
- are required to operate in a complex environment
- effectiveness requires a high level of individual and group EQ
- need to expedite the journey through forming-storming-norming-performing
- 85%+ attendance by all
- Anyone missing a meeting must appoint a ‘proxy’ to bring them up to speed before the next meeting
Group coaching works well when:
- you have a group of 4-6 individuals
- with similar learning needs.
Examples of where group learning needs can be found are:
- first time managers,
- key individuals who want to improve their ability to influence organisationally (organisational agility) or who are required to do external communications
- individuals identified as mentors
- working with a small group of key leaders to develop a broader base of any organisationally identified gap
Any behavioural learning need that is shared will work under a group coaching format.
- Coaching to resolve conflict between 2 or more leaders whose positions require that they work together or are interdependent.
- It is an effective tool for addressing conflicts that affect the effectiveness of the organisation, however, the earlier it is applied the greater the success.
- People who experience (or cause) conflict in one relationship usually have a pattern of conflict. Coaching uses the specific identified situation as an opportunity:
to deal with this situation
for a learning ground to break any negative patterns,
to develop the coaches tool-kit for greater relational effectiveness in all their future dealings
All parties core to the conflict partake in the coaching
May include a combination of:
assessments (see assessment costing below)
one-on-one coaching (either through situational or long-term coaching, dependant on circumstances
facilitated meetings/group coaching with all parties involved
May include interviews within the broader organisation
A specific situation:
finds a leader unsure of how to proceed,
where efforts to deal with a situation keep resulting in frustration
any short term situation where the leader has a good basic understanding of what needs to be done and their desired outcome, but isn’t confident in how to execute it
It is not consulting or problem solving, but coaching the individual(s) on how they must ‘show up’ in order to maximise their effectiveness in the situation
The frequency and duration of coaching sessions is decided (between coach and coachee) on a case by case basis – as determined by the needs of the situation.
It may require a once-off 1 to 2 hour session or multiple sessions scheduled around the unique needs of the specific situation and the coachee
Relationship Awareness Theory seeks to provide an effective means of understanding one’s self and understanding others, to the end that interpersonal interactions may be made as mutually productive and gratifying as possible or, where they cannot be mutually productive, that destructiveness of individual integrity be minimized (source: RAT Manual of Administration and Interpretation)
Executive AssessmentsExecutive 360° Assessment
- Choices Architect Executive Competency Assessment
- Sigma Group 360° Behavioural Feedback Tool
- LEADS 360
Behavioural AssessmentsStrength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- recognize what motivates their and others behaviour
- understand the different strengths others bring to the job as well as how they can help each other
- appreciate key issues of concern that people with other motivational value systems bring to task completion
- learn to distinguish the difference between warranted and unwarranted conflict
- identify circumstances where they might encounter one or both types of conflict
- learn how others respond and what those responses mean
- Portrait of Overdone Strengths
Identify the things that may cause preventable conflict in their relationships
- Better personal awareness (would suggest done together with a 360 tool)
- Increased team awareness; shows degree of diversity or sameness within a team and possible gaps as a result
- Improve team communication and effectiveness
Meyers Briggs (MBTI)
- Individuals differ in how they perceive and how they process decisions. It is reasonable further asert that they differ correspondingly in their interests, reactions, values, motivations, and skills.”
- MBTI aims to make the insights of type theory accessible to individuals and groups. The goals of the MBTI instrument are:
- The identification of basic preferences of each of the four dichotomies specified or implicit in Jung’s theory.
- The identification and description of the 16 distinctive personality types that result from the interactions among the preferences.
- MBTI is a rich and complex tool. It is requires significant knowledge of the tool to get the full value and is more suited to some organizations than others.
Chat to our experts to find out if it is the tool for you or if a different assessment will be a better fit.
Comprehensive Leadership Development
Need specific Facilitation or Workshops
Call or email us to ask if we have what you’re looking for. Our broad range of skills and experience means that if it is anything to do with leadership or organisational structure and culture, we probably do.
Culture Shift and Change Management
Give us a call or email us to find out how we will work with you to identify and co-design a process that has lasting impact long after we’re gone.
Conflict is never pleasant and if left it doesn’t go away, it just gets worse. The good news is that it often points our areas where we as individuals, teams and organisations can grow and, when we deal with the root issues, we are left stronger as a result.Give us a call or email to find out how. Also click on the expanding title for conflict coaching to get insight into one of the tools we use.