Amanda works with leaders to acknowledge their presence and the impact they have on those they lead and work with, AND to create a life that is meaningful and satisfying to them. Her clients are tired of being distracted by circumstances and/or people which are draining their energy and shifting their focus away from more important goals.There are a finite number of hours in the day – Amanda helps her clients spend their waking hours feeling energized and present rather than exhausted and disconnected. She works with her clients to live and lead in a way that feels natural and leaves them feeling grounded in and clear on who they are and in the choices they make.
Amanda coaches evolving and expanding leaders to motivate and elevate them along with those they lead and work with. Her clients are intentional and “on purpose” leaders. They are respected because of the conduct they demonstrate and not merely the title they possess.
Amanda is a “recovering” sort-of-engineer who after a Master of Science in Engineering and almost six years in the field came to realize that she was doing it because she could – she was very capable and skilled in the field but it was draining her, and she was not ready to wait until retirement to live and feel alive.
She has worked in private, public and non-profit sectors and is a proud mama of three little peanuts whose smiles are contagious and remind her each day to “live in this moment”. She is an adoring wife to an amazing man with whom she discovered what it means to love truly, madly and deeply.
Amanda knows firsthand what it means to stop living a life you foresee for yourself, Amanda loves that moment when her clients choose to break the mold, and live and lead in their own way – not who they or others think they should be as an engineer, a parent, a friend, a manager, a leader, a (fill the blank) – when they kick their limiting beliefs to the curb. It is in these moments that her clients expand and grow as leaders.
Clients describe her as being intuitive, daring and bold; she has a strong presence and a straight forward nature. They also appreciate her sense of humour and wit. She creates space for clients to evolve and expand as leaders in an environment light enough to enable serious change.
Tidbits about Amanda
1. I believe in truly, madly, deeply
2. My family nourishes my heart and soul
3. I love the colours teal, orange and purple
4. I lived in Finland for almost four years
5. I met my Argentine husband while studying and working in Finland
6. I completed my Master of Science degree in engineering at the Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland
7. I speak English, Spanish and some Finnish
8. I sang at a local pub in Finland on Monday nights with my now husband on guitar
9. I believe in the power of one person
10. I believe in the power of laughter, love and hugs
11. My favourite animated movie is Despicable Me
12. When it comes to wine – red over white
13. I still watch old episodes of Seinfeld, Friends and Arrested Development – they crack me up!
14. I love learning about history and culture through story
15. I have worked in private, public and not-for-profit sectors
16. I am a dog person
17. I am a Riders fan – born and raised in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, now living in Calgary, Alberta – where there is a 50/50 split of Rider and Stamps fans
18. I love being by the water
19. I am a lake girl
20. My favourite yoga pose is tree posture – Vriksasana
21. My favourite things to do on the weekend is go for a long walk by the river (followed by a latte) or hike a mountain with my family and have a picnic at the top
Amanda also loves life-coaching and has her own life coaching practice.
If coaching isn’t supported by your organization, and you don’t need corporate integration, but are looking for great coaching that fits a household budget visit: Soul Tree Coaching
Tools Amanda Uses
- Key Influencers
- Leaders in Transition
- Communication and Conflict
- Culture and Engagement
- Engineering, Trades and Technology
- Strengths Finder
- Strong familiarity with DISC, MBTI and True Colors
- Leadership Development
- Team Development
- Communication and Conflict Management
- Creating a Coaching Culture
- Culture and Engagement
Coaching is a unique experience that let’s you discover what truly drives you and how to bring your best-self out in every aspect of your life.
Mariko – Community & Neighbourhood Services Manager
I am very grateful and highly appreciate all the help and service Advantage Management Consulting has provided.
One of the specific areas that was identified for improvement was self confidence ( having a voice).
A conscious effort was made to honor my inner feelings and highest valves so I could become the confident, capable leader I knew I could be.
Much gratitude to my coach Amanda for guiding me in the direction I needed to go.
Jamie – Superintendent
Amanda helped me to see how my leadership style is really about letting my true self be seen and not about trying to emulate how others lead.
anonymous – mid-level manager